A L I G N
ACHIEVING AND CHECKING THE ALIGNMENT BETWEEN ACADEMIC
PROGRAMMES AND QUALIFICATION FRAMEWORKS
- Enhance the intelligibility, consistency and transferability of qualifications through establishment of mechanisms for HEIs to achieve alignment of academic programmes with NQFs and for QA agencies to check such alignment.
- To promote a better understanding of HEIs and EQA agencies of the role of QFs, their structure, as well as the differences between the different KINDS and LEVELs of student achievement
- To build on the capacity of HEIs to write and access learning outcomes that define the various types of student achievement
- To build on the capacity of the HEIs to use the QF alignment to facilitate student transfer, joint qualifucations and benchmarking
- To enable the EQA agencies to check whether proposed learning outcomes and their assessment mechanisms match of QF descriptors at each level by establishing mechanisms for ensuring consistency of judgements across institutions
Principle Outcomes and Outputs
- Capacity building of HEIs and EQA Agencies to ensure achievement and checking alignment with NQFs
- Development of mechanisms ensuring achievement of alignment with national qualifications frameworks (for HEIs)
- Development of mechanisms for checking alignment (for EQA)
- Revision of 2 study programmes at each HEI and pilot evaluation of the developed mechanisms
- Adoption of the alignment tools at HEIs, QAA agency and governmental levels.